- Tony Lewis launches RESCHOOL Colorado as an initiative of Donnell-Kay Foundation, with Amy Anderson at the helm. Broad research informs RESCHOOL's vision and design.
- We partner with a group of families in a human-centered design process which led to A New Vision of Early Learners. This experience surfaces concepts that make up a shared vision for a learner-centered education system.
- We conduct a one-year pilot of the Learner Advocate Network with two Denver-based employers to test its functions, structure, operations, tools, and ultimately its impact on the learning of youth and their families.
We file paperwork for RESCHOOL to become an independent non-profit to grow emerging concepts.
We partner with the Clark-Fox Foundation to bring Blueprint4Summer to Colorado, greatly expanding access to summer learning for kids in Denver, Boulder and Aurora.
- Our ED, Amy Anderson writes this article to explain RESCHOOL's evolved thinking.
In its inaugural year, there were over 3,000 summer sessions on the Blueprint4Summer Colorado site, and 32,000 pageviews.
The Learner Advocate Network (LAN) wrapped up its pilot in mid 2018, and we expanded our partnership with SCL Health across two hospital sites to provide the LAN through 2019.
We raised $55,000 in scholarships that was used to match scholarships from existing providers and for LAN families for learning the family chose.
- We raised $65,000 in scholarships for out of school learning experiences, and partnered with providers with large scholarship funds to reach a more diverse population.
Blueprint4Summer Colorado held over 4,000 summer sessions and over 34,000 pageviews.
Learner Advocates reached over 600 employees and worked deeply with a cohort of over 70 parents and 140 kids at SCL Health locations.
"The future has already arrived - it's just not very evenly distributed."